Three of my favorite words! How could I go wrong? I love a good Chocolate Martini, but sometimes (birthdays mostly), the occasion just calls for cake. So, I decided to combine my favorite chocolate pound cake with the flavors of a chocolate martini. I’ve made these twice now and they are absolutely delicious.
Chocolate Martini Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter (use the real thing)
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I use dark cocoa)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate vodka (this is a substitute for 2 tsp of vanilla flavoring and 1 cup boiling water)
Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour cocoa, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Add vodka and mix well.
Tip: use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners (the kind with a lever).
Depending on the size of the cupcakes, you will bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Check cupcakes with a toothpick.)
Cupcakes should be allowed to cool completely. You will then scoop out the center of the cupcakes. (Rather than eat all of the extra cake, set it aside to layer with any leftover filling. My husband likes it that way!)
- 16 oz whipping creme
- 1 mini-bottle Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 mini- bottle Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 mini- bottle of vodka (you can just drink the rest:)
- Whip the creme and gradually add the alcohol. Put the mixture into a pastry bag and fill the cupcakes.
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 2 lbs confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 mini-bottle of Whipped creme vodka
- 4-6 ounces Whipping Cream
Creme shortening and butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended. Add salt and vodka and blend well. Gradually add whipping creme until you get a firm icing consistency.
Ice the cupcakes using a large star tip and swirling up to a peak. I inserted some chocolate straws as a garnish. You could also use chocolate sprinkles around the edges.
Enjoy! Remember to eat responsibly.